Sunday, March 3, 2019

Wish for a Well



I never thought in a million years that I would be part of a team that is so willing to support student dreams and passions. Last year, my 5th grade teammates, students, and I read the book, A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park. Together, we were so moved by this story, that we decided to raise awareness on the lack of water that the people of South Sudan suffer each and every day. Our goal of simply raising awareness turned into raising enough money to build an entire well for the village of Abyei-Cok in Makuac-Rual, Tonu, South Sudan. What people may not realize is that building a well not only brings fresh water to the people in that village, but provides an opportunity for an entire town to develop around that well. Schools, homes, shops all begin to circle that precious gift of fresh water. This is one of the most proud moments I have had in my life time, and I am so grateful to be part of this movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment