Monday, July 22, 2019

Using Technology for Assessments

I learned a lot this course, on how to create or use a variety of digital assessments in the classroom that are beneficial for both students and teachers. 
One important component of classroom instruction is formative assessments. If teachers use formative assessments properly, these assessments can guide small group instruction and differentiation to meet the needs of each student. Online assessment tools can help teachers and students receive feedback quickly, all while making it more meaningful to each individual. I decided to dive deeper into NearPod versus Pear Deck. Here is an infographic I made that shows the similarities and differences of these two tools. Overall, I am in favor of NearPod, as they have more to offer to both teachers and student.  

Another important assessment to use within the classroom is self-assessments. It is so important for students to take ownership in their learning, and assess how they think they are doing. Here is a Goal Setting Sheet: Weekly Goal Work that I created for my students to use when setting goals in reading, math, and vocabulary. I realized that there are so many ways for students to self-assess, and that a lot of technology tools out there can help students self-check, like Google Forms.
Overall, this is was a great course, and pushed me to create a lot of different assessment pieces that I can use with my class next year!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Justine, student self-assessment is huge! I love your weekly goal setting sheet to help your students take ownership of their own learning. It is simple and easy to use and follow and would definitely help keep students accountable!

    ReplyDelete